The 10.13 issue of novum includes an interview with Akira Kobayashi, Type Director at Monotype, about the legibility and design of Neuen Frutiger 1450, which was created specifically with the new DIN standard 1450 in mind. The DIN norm gives recommendations for the development and use of fonts in the public sector, taking account of the needs of people with impaired vision. The October edition of novum is not only worth reading for its interesting content, but is also a beautiful collector’s item for all lovers of design thanks to its elaborately designed lasercut cover.
- Linotype blog: Find all the news and important information about typography in our font magazine, our newsletters and on Facebook and Twitter
- New: Between by Akira Kobayashi for only $99* in an introductory offer
- Neo Sans Selection for only $99* – available for 24 hours only
- London Calling: “Type Safari” in London
- Video tip: remembering the font pioneer Hermann Zapf
TagsAkira Kobayashi, Akko, Alessio Leonardi, Arabic, Arabic Fonts, book, Book Recommendation, brand perfect, Buch, Calligraphy, Coleface, deltahints, Demos Next Condensed, Doug Wilson, Dr. Gerard Unger, Eric Gill, FontExplorer X, Font Management, font search, Gill Sans, google, Helmut Ness, Hermann Schmidt Verlag, Hermann Zapf, Joanna, Linotype, linotype.com, Linotype: The Film, Mantika Book, Mantika font family, Metro, Mr. Typo, new, Offer, Palatino, Project, Sans Serif Font, Tool, Tutorial, twitter, Univers, Victor Garcia, video, Video tip, Web Fonts