The 10.13 issue of novum includes an interview with Akira Kobayashi, Type Director at Monotype, about the legibility and design of Neuen Frutiger 1450, which was created specifically with the new DIN standard 1450 in mind. The DIN norm gives recommendations for the development and use of fonts in the public sector, taking account of the needs of people with impaired vision. The October edition of novum is not only worth reading for its interesting content, but is also a beautiful collector’s item for all lovers of design thanks to its elaborately designed lasercut cover.
- An interview with Jovica Veljović in which he talks about his latest font, ITC New Veljovic
- The new Demos Next: a friendly and comfortable all-rounder with expanded features
- Bring Web fonts to your ads
- Short film about the classic Times New Roman
- Neue Haas Unica: the new, delicate revision of Helvetica now on sale for 99 USD/EUR*
TagsAkira Kobayashi, Alessio Leonardi, Arabic, ATypI 2014, Biome, brand perfect, Calligraphy, charity, Coleface, comic sans, deltahints, digital media, DIN standard 1450, Eric Gill, FontExplorer X, Font Management, FOWD, Gill Sans, global hints, google, gui, Haas Unica, Hanzi Graphy, help for japan, Homelessfonts, Linotype: The Film, Mantika Book, Mantika font family, Metro, Mincho fonts, Movie Fonts, Mr. Typo, screen fonts, Serif fonts, Tool, Tutorial, Typography, typography in lisbon, Univers, ux, Victor Garcia, video, Web Design, webfont, Web Fonts