The 10.13 issue of novum includes an interview with Akira Kobayashi, Type Director at Monotype, about the legibility and design of Neuen Frutiger 1450, which was created specifically with the new DIN standard 1450 in mind. The DIN norm gives recommendations for the development and use of fonts in the public sector, taking account of the needs of people with impaired vision. The October edition of novum is not only worth reading for its interesting content, but is also a beautiful collector’s item for all lovers of design thanks to its elaborately designed lasercut cover.
- FF Mark: a geometric and extensive sans serif font with a contemporary design
- Six styles of Generis Sans for only 49 USD/EUR* – available for 24 hours
- An interview with Nadine Chahine on her latest font Zapfino Arabic
- New on Linotype.com: the historically inspired Cardamon
- Quitador from Arne Freytag: an extensively equipped slab serif with a modern twist
TagsAkira Kobayashi, Akko, Alessio Leonardi, Arabic, ATypI 2014, Biome, brand perfect, Calligraphy, charity, Coleface, comic sans, deltahints, digital media, DIN standard 1450, Eric Gill, FontExplorer X, Font Management, FOWD, Futura book, Gill Sans, global hints, google, gui, Hanzi Graphy, help for japan, Homelessfonts, Linotype: The Film, Mantika Book, Mantika font family, Metro, Mincho fonts, Movie Fonts, Mr. Typo, screen fonts, Serif fonts, Tool, Tutorial, Typography, typography in lisbon, ux, Victor Garcia, video, Web Design, webfont, Web Fonts