In the section ʻWeb fonts tutorialʼ at Linotype.com you will find a series of articles dealing with the subject of Web fonts. We add a new contribution each month packed with information, ideas and advice. One of these is the article ʻCreating great effects using web fontsʼ that shows you how to make use of text effects with the aid of a extremely straightforward online service provided by Linotype.com.
Screenshots are also provided to help you learn how to create and employ these effects. Simply select the detailed view of the font you are interested in and switch to the Web font view; you can now modify and experiment with example texts and font styles. You can, for example, give your letters an outline or a colour glow effect and create an embossed or ʻvintageʼ appearance.
- Linotype blog: Find all the news and important information about typography in our font magazine, our newsletters and on Facebook and Twitter
- New: Between by Akira Kobayashi for only $99* in an introductory offer
- Neo Sans Selection for only $99* – available for 24 hours only
- London Calling: “Type Safari” in London
- Video tip: remembering the font pioneer Hermann Zapf
TagsAkira Kobayashi, Akko, Alessio Leonardi, Arabic, Arabic Fonts, book, Book Recommendation, brand perfect, Buch, Calligraphy, Coleface, deltahints, Demos Next Condensed, Doug Wilson, Dr. Gerard Unger, Eric Gill, FontExplorer X, Font Management, font search, Gill Sans, google, Helmut Ness, Hermann Schmidt Verlag, Hermann Zapf, Joanna, Linotype, linotype.com, Linotype: The Film, Mantika Book, Mantika font family, Metro, Mr. Typo, new, Offer, Palatino, Project, Sans Serif Font, Tool, Tutorial, twitter, Univers, Victor Garcia, video, Video tip, Web Fonts