A detailed article on the font Agmena designed by Professor Jovica Veljović in 2012 has been published on the website Printmag.com – a magazine and online portal dedicated to visual culture and design.
Its author, Paul Shaw, looks at the career of the Serbian calligrapher and type designer Veljović and the typographic influences on his work. Shaw also analyses Veljović’s most popular fonts, subsequently considering in painstaking detail Veljović’s latest font, Agmena – a poetic book font.
- Video tip: “Edward Johnston – Calligraphy & Type Design with Ewan Clayton”
- New at Linotype.com: the lively script font Romany
- Classic Grotesque: three new widths and 42 additional fonts
- Book tip: “Tschicholds Faszikel: Unbekanntes von und zu Jan Tschichold”
- Complete Foundry Gridnik family for only 199 USD/EUR*
TagsAkira Kobayashi, Akko, Alessio Leonardi, Arabic, Biome, book, Book Recommendation, brand perfect, Buch, Calligraphy, Coleface, deltahints, DIN standard 1450, Doug Wilson, Eric Gill, FontExplorer X, Font Management, font search, FOWD, Gill Sans, global hints, google, Joanna, Linotype, linotype.com, Linotype: The Film, Mantika Book, Mantika font family, Metro, Mincho fonts, Mr. Typo, Offer, Palatino, Sans Serif Font, screen fonts, Serif fonts, Tool, Tutorial, twitter, Univers, Victor Garcia, video, Video tip, Web Design, Web Fonts