Internationally recognized and renowned Swiss font designer Adrian Frutiger died on September 10, 2015 in Bremgarten near Bern. He was 87 years of age.
Frutiger was the creator of numerous, internationally recognized and popular fonts. These include Avenir®, Frutiger®, Univers® and Vectora®, among others, and resulted in a decades-long relationship between the popular typographer and D. Stempel AG, later Linotype AG and now Monotype GmbH.
- Linotype blog: Find all the news and important information about typography in our font magazine, our newsletters and on Facebook and Twitter
- New: Between by Akira Kobayashi for only $99* in an introductory offer
- Neo Sans Selection for only $99* – available for 24 hours only
- London Calling: “Type Safari” in London
- Video tip: remembering the font pioneer Hermann Zapf
TagsAkira Kobayashi, Akko, Alessio Leonardi, Arabic, Arabic Fonts, book, Book Recommendation, brand perfect, Buch, Calligraphy, Coleface, deltahints, Demos Next Condensed, Doug Wilson, Dr. Gerard Unger, Eric Gill, FontExplorer X, Font Management, font search, Gill Sans, google, Helmut Ness, Hermann Schmidt Verlag, Hermann Zapf, Joanna, Linotype, linotype.com, Linotype: The Film, Mantika Book, Mantika font family, Metro, Mr. Typo, new, Offer, Palatino, Project, Sans Serif Font, Tool, Tutorial, twitter, Univers, Victor Garcia, video, Video tip, Web Fonts