To what extent has printing developed and transformed historically? What practices and aesthetics of printing techniques have influenced the design practice in analogue and digital applications?
Speakers from academia and typography will address these and other questions at the Humboldt University in Berlin on June 9 and 10. Guests include Fred Smeijers, Nelly Gable, Erik Spiekermann and many other interesting personalities. The conference was launched in the project “Matter of Typography” in cooperation with the Offizin Haag-Drugulin printing office and the Verein für die Schwarze Kunst (Association for the Black Art).
- Linotype blog: Find all the news and important information about typography in our font magazine, our newsletters and on Facebook and Twitter
- New: Between by Akira Kobayashi for only $99* in an introductory offer
- Neo Sans Selection for only $99* – available for 24 hours only
- London Calling: “Type Safari” in London
- Video tip: remembering the font pioneer Hermann Zapf
TagsAkira Kobayashi, Akko, Alessio Leonardi, Arabic, Arabic Fonts, book, Book Recommendation, brand perfect, Buch, Calligraphy, Coleface, deltahints, Demos Next Condensed, Doug Wilson, Dr. Gerard Unger, Eric Gill, FontExplorer X, Font Management, font search, Gill Sans, google, Helmut Ness, Hermann Schmidt Verlag, Hermann Zapf, Joanna, Linotype, linotype.com, Linotype: The Film, Mantika Book, Mantika font family, Metro, Mr. Typo, new, Offer, Palatino, Project, Sans Serif Font, Tool, Tutorial, twitter, Univers, Victor Garcia, video, Video tip, Web Fonts