At the end of April this year, at the Parsons School of Design, font designer Matthew Carter spoke in memoriam of the well-known font designer Adrian Frutiger, who passed away in 2015 at the age of 87.
In his talk, Carter referred to Frutiger’s career and to his well-known and popular fonts, such as Univers or Frutiger. Carter delves into reminiscences and anecdotes from the life of Adrian Frutiger that Carter and his colleagues experienced.
And this is exactly why it is a pleasure to listen to Carter: because he knew Adrian Frutiger personally, his talk has an authentic and emotional character sweeping you along.
- Linotype blog: Find all the news and important information about typography in our font magazine, our newsletters and on Facebook and Twitter
- New: Between by Akira Kobayashi for only $99* in an introductory offer
- Neo Sans Selection for only $99* – available for 24 hours only
- London Calling: “Type Safari” in London
- Video tip: remembering the font pioneer Hermann Zapf
TagsAkira Kobayashi, Akko, Alessio Leonardi, Arabic, Arabic Fonts, book, Book Recommendation, brand perfect, Buch, Calligraphy, Coleface, deltahints, Demos Next Condensed, Doug Wilson, Dr. Gerard Unger, Eric Gill, FontExplorer X, Font Management, font search, Gill Sans, google, Helmut Ness, Hermann Schmidt Verlag, Hermann Zapf, Joanna, Linotype, linotype.com, Linotype: The Film, Mantika Book, Mantika font family, Metro, Mr. Typo, new, Offer, Palatino, Project, Sans Serif Font, Tool, Tutorial, twitter, Univers, Victor Garcia, video, Video tip, Web Fonts